Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nesting


I have been all over the place lately.

So blissfully happy with where I am.

This past week I have had the overwhelming urge to work on the nest. I cleaned out the fridge! I had no clue I even had that instinct in me. I started painting over this big old thing an "ex" gave me. It's my goal to have my best friends all contribute something to the painting. It will be nice to have a little bit of them hanging on my wall (that sounds very creepy). I want to organize my closet and bathroom and purchase the appropriate things to do so. No purchases have been made yet, but soon...knowing me...

Speaking of nesting, I found this adorable light fixture that I am dying to purchase:




Lately I have had the pleasure of reconnecting with a few more High School people on Tuesday nights. We all get together, contribute home-made meals, hang out, and share a devotion, scriptures, and words of wisdom and advice. It's nice how this thing that started out as dinner has turned into a fixed thing in my schedule. I look forward to this every day. We all pooled money together and bought these awesome Thanksgiving Dinner boxes that we are going to personally deliver to families in need. We also hope to raise money to buy a family's Christmas. If you can think of great ways to raise such funds, that'd be awesome! We are trying to take our blessed time together and bless others.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

And a huge congratulations to my bestest friend Rachel (Meet The J.Rays) and her Hubs, Ross!
Can't wait for your little angel to get here!

4 comments:

  1. Wow missy. I am empowered by y'alls generosity!! Helps to remind me of what I really should be doing with my time. I wanna help in any way I can! And thank you ;) We are blessed to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have that fixture and in different shapes and sizes at AT HOME in homewood for less. :D I've always adored them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... it puts the lotion on it's skin..."

    Now THAT is creepy... having a group contribute to a painting? not-so-much

    ReplyDelete