Thursday, May 14, 2009

So many types of lessons

Today has been a day of learning for me.

First off, I learned the DIRE importance of flossing. I know, it's gross that I don't floss regularly, but it is the ONE habit i never could get in to. I brush twice-a-day, sometimes more if I'm going out. Mouthwash? Check. But anyways...
I went to the dentist this morning for a cleaning and to get them to look into some of the pain I was experiencing last week. I left with a $700 root canal and future appointments for 3 cavities and a cleaning...they couldn't even do my cleaning today.
So lesson one: Floss.
Lesson two: Lortab WORKS!

Lesson three is a bit more complicated...I don't know what the lesson is yet. God's trying to teach me something...
Today I was let go from the cafe.
Allow me to provide a little back story.
About 3 weeks ago, I was about an hour and a half late to work one morning for 2 reasons:
1) I have a sleeping problem that makes my sleep patterns uncontrollable and unpredictable
&
2) I turned off my alarm in my sleep
That was not a good Morning.
Yesterday morning, I woke up 3 hours after I was supposed to be at work.
My phone died during the night.
It couldn't be helped.
There was no way my body could possibly know what time to wake up.
I went directly to Target and invested in a very nice and expensive alarm clock to insure that this would not happen again, and the alarm clock did it's job.
However, because of my two oversleeping mishaps, I had to be let go.

Highlands Cafe has been my home for the past two years.
It was all that I had left of what made me me.
Now I'm lost again.
I don't know why God is taking things away from me, but I know there is something to be learned here, and I must always remember that he is GOOD.

Here I am, Lord.
Mold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment