Sunday, July 5, 2009

There comes a moment in your life...

I have a beautiful life...no matter what.
I have wonderful friends and mentors.
A supportive family.
A luxury apartment that I shouldn't afford.
Good health and I never go hungry.
A church that I love and I know loves me.
I have known love, and know I will find it again.
What blessings! 

You always hear that your life will change drastically from the years 21-26, and for some reason or another you think that your life is impervious to that kind of change.  Well, I am getting there.  I resisted for so long, but now is the time to EMBRACE that change!  Move with it, not against it!  

Yes, I am single.  And?  I can have fun whenever and with whomever I want.  (That is only partially true *wink*)  The greatest part is that I know that I will find someone who will love ma and understand why I am so weird, and he will love me for it!  I don't know who it is.  I wish I at least knew him already, but that's just too easy isn't it? lol

END "DIARY" SEGMANT

*************************************************************************

This weekend I got to travel down to the deep south with my "BESTIE!!" and roommate, Natalie!  

The trip down was hot and endless.
Once in Louisiana, we witnessed a BEAUTIFUL lightening storm.  Huge bolts stretching across the entire skyline at night.  Of course, in "quirky hannah" fashion, I had my camera resting on the dash snapping pictures.  I only got two decent pictures before we hit Baton Rouge, and I had to start paying attention to signs.  

Our first night there was wonderful.  We ate with Ryan's parents and brothers at IHOP at 11PM.  We hung out and watched Grease until 2 AM and went to bed.  Ryan's mom, Ms. Laura, had set up a BEAUTIFUL room for Natalie and me.  She even put chocolates on our pillows!

In the morning, Ms. Laura fixed home-made french toast and bacon.  O my word, that woman can COOK!  We set off for Ryan's Dad's fishing camp about 2.5 hours from BR.  SUCH a long car ride.  We listened to this hysterical, yet not-so-clean comedian, Daniel Tosh.  O my word.  So funny.  That night, as I was getting ready to finally fall asleep, I realized that the last people to sleep in our designated bed did NOT follow the cabin rules and wash the sheets.  Hair was everywhere in that bed.  I tried sleeping on top, but the AC was blasting arctic winds on me.  I slept on the couch both nights we were there, while Natalie toughed it out on top on the comforter! 

For the 4th of July we dragged our sleepy bodies on the boat at 7:30AM and rode an hour out to the ocean.  We went SO far.  The waves were too rough in the Gulf, so we went back behind the sandbars.  We fished for about 3 hours or so, and only caught 2 fish.  I got more sun though :).  That night we shot off fireworks and watched the neighbors very expensive fireworks displays.  Mr. Jim grilled the yummiest bbq chicken along with burgers and sausage.  Delish!

Today was nothing but driving, eating, driving, eating, and driving.  Ew.  This week will kick off major damage control!

On a totally random and weird note, It feels SOOOO good to satisfy an itch again!  For a week I did not scratch a single itch on my arms, shoulders, upper back, or neck.  I was trying so hard to keep my sunburn from peeling!  I moisturized 2-3 times a day with Aveda's All-Sensitive facial moisturizer for a week, and I'm only peeling in one tiny spot on one shoulder. YES!  I so win.

AAAAANYWAY...

Love you all! <3

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha.... that trip was one of my favorites. this post made me laugh really hard in my cubicle.

    ReplyDelete